The Basic Vehicle Inspection Station Upskilling Program (VISUP) Guide Course is specifically designed for all vehicle inspection station (VIS) and automobile workshops authorized by Land Transport Department (LTD)
Cars, driver behaviour and technology have developed a lot since then. Moreover, many technical defects with serious implications for safety especially the vehicle caught fire cases had increased tremendously in the recent months in Brunei. Aside to that, the risk of accidents remains high as Bruneian spend an increasing amount of time outdoors. The certainty of a vehicle’s safety and its’ conditions are top importance with this increase in road activity.
Everyone who drives or rides in a vehicle benefits from regular vehicle safety inspection. Vehicle checks are fundamental to road safety and technical defects contribute heavily to accidents. Therefore, tougher vehicle testing rules must be enforced to save lives.
The main objective is to educate and upskill Vehicle Inspection Station (VIS), its existing and/or new inspectors and operators to comply with the requirements mandated by the Land Transport Department (LTD) to conduct statutory tests on the respective motor vehicles.
At the end of the course, the participants will have;
- good knowledge of the inspection processes and JPD mandatory requirements.
- the ability to perform a complete vehicle inspection,
- to properly utilize test equipment
- to follow other required test procedures as prescribed in VIS regulations as applicable.
- Module 1: Defining VIS standards
- Module 2: Station operating equipment
- Module 3: Roles of vehicle inspectors
- Module 4: Station operation
- Module 5: Station layout
- Module 6: Customer service
- Module 7: Onsite study