This course is currently closed
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Completing Project on Schedule, Within Budget, to Maximise Customer SatisfactionProject Management is a key skill for managers and leaders in the modern business world. The ability to set clear objectives, create a realistic plan, and work together with your team to see the plan through to successful completion will set you apart from others, and help you to successfully manage company projects to stay competitive.
This course will give you a firm foundation in the entire project management process from Initiating to Closeout, including all the specific steps needed to successfully plan and manage your next project, Learn what to do when faced with common challenges including; unclear requirements, unrealistic deadlines, unrealistic budget, frequent changes, lack of direct authority and complex group dynamics.
In this interactive workshop, you will work with others in simulated project teams and learn how to create a realistic project plan using proven tools and techniques. You will also learn how to develop a schedule and budget; how to actively manage the risks that could affect your project; and how to manage your team effectively to ensure the highest certainty of success.
- Course Structure and Objectives
Overview of Project Management
- Project Management and Project Management Context
- Project Management Process
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Business Needs and Opportunities
- Project Selection Methods
- Developing the Project Charter
- Project Stakeholder Management
Project Plan Development
- The Project Management Plan and Performance Measurement Baseline
- Project Scope Planning
- Preparing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Developing the Schedule
- Resources and Budgeting
- Risk Management
Project Execution and Delivery
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
Project Monitoring, Control and Closeout
- Monitoring Project Performance
- Integrated Change Control
Who Should ParticipateThis course is perfect for project managers, team members, senior managers, project leaders, functional managers, and anyone who is directly involved with projects in almost every industry who wishes to achieve a better understanding of practical, formal project management methods.
At the end of this action-based workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define a project, and explain the essential differences between projects and ongoing work
- Identify all the people who have a stake in your project – the ‘stakeholders’
- Create a detailed project management plan for a defined Case Study; including a Project Charter, Scope Statement, Work Breakdown Structure, Network Diagram, Cost Budget and Risk Management Plan
- Explain how to Execute, Monitor and control, and Close the project work, and manage and motivate your team